I'm on a Z97M-D3H (Bios version F8) and every time I try to set 'VT-d' to disabled and do 'Save & Exit', the computer will post twice, and will once again have VT-d disabled. Any other changes I may have made are also gone (such as fan speeds, memory profile, etc) so it seems to be doing a full CMOS clear.

Here is a video: https://youtu.be/6nx2ECR0Dp4

  • I load the default settings, disable VT-d, and after restarting mash Delete to try and enter the UEFI Bios again.
  • It boots once (you hear the motherboard speaker beep), for a moment showing a standard Gigabyte splash screen with the keys at the bottom, then boots again (another beep) and once in the bios VT-d is disabled again.

Configuration:

  • Z97M-D3H (Bios version F8)
  • Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz (cooled via Corsair H110)
  • Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB (4 x 4GB)
  • Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core
  • Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Power Supply
  • TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Wi-Fi Adapter
  • Asus DRW-24B1ST DVD Drive

I'm running mac 10.11.3 and Windows 8.1 on two separate SSD's, and a Seagate Barracuda 2TB for data.


What could be causing my motherboard to reset every time I try to disable VT-d? Any help would be appreciated. At this point I'm booting into mac OS without it disabled, and am

submitted by /u/jo_shadow
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment