I used Niresh's 10.9.0 distro in order to install via Windows, as I did not have a Mac to get an image of MacOS from. So far, everything is working great and the only kink I'm now ironing out is my graphics driver, which I found before and just need to find again. So far, I'm loving it.

With Niresh's distro, I only needed the bootflag "amdfx" when starting the install and whilst booting, I only need npci=0x2000 and everything worked right out of the box fantastically.

I used Multibeast to install the most compatible sound drivers and my ethernet driver was installed by default but I updated to the 81XX 0.0.90 included in the Mavericks 6.5.1 distro on Tonymac x86. After so little help from a select few in this sub, I managed to get a functional Hackintosh after a shitload of trial and error and research and I couldn't be happier.

Last thing I need to do other than graphics is figure out how in the hell to fix imessage.

Beyond that, I just want to thank all those people who stuck around and replied to help me. You guys make this sub an awesome place. Thanks guys.

Also, any questions about the build, feel free to ask. I'll post links, etc. I'm quite active on Reddit all the time so any questions (besides 5:30-2AM, my work schedule) I'll answer whenever I can. Thanks again.

submitted by /u/NickMotionless
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment