Just a discussion thread, but if someone finds a great solution I'll change the flair.

My friend with a MacBook got me to do this when he showed me his damn fast boot (around 10 seconds, no joke) and asked how I was going to do it on my Hackintosh. While my OS X boots in 1 minute and 15 seconds, and Windows boots in 5 (lol Windows, wtf) I have a yearning to make it faster. I don't have an income, so buying an SSD is not an option, RevoBoot (if you developers haven't read about it) apparently boots Yosemite in 10 seconds, but on the cons side you need to compile the source code first and it's still in development, and there's no magic kext or DSDT/SSDT patch that'll make this happen AFAIK. What do you think would be the best way to speed up a Hackintosh boot (ideally, to 10 seconds) without:

  • Buying an SSD...

  • Or having to compile RevoBoot?

submitted by /u/norandomtechie
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment