ive never seen an actual comprehensive ELI5 about exactly what patching your dsdt could improve in system operation.

right now everything in my system seems to work out of the box including cpu power states, sleep, sound, blutooth, etc. is there any advantage to using a patched DSDT, or extracted DSDT over a DSDT-free installation for me? back in 10.8-10.10 when i was on chameleon i had to extract my DSDT and place it in the chameleon folder in order for power states to work properly. now with clover everything has just been working out of the box (except for audio which i used a patched kext for).

TL;DR - is there any reason for me to extract my DSDT and use it with clover if my system already functions well with a DSDT-free installation?

submitted by /u/soapgoat
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment