EDIT:

I can now reach this rather imposing error screen as soon as I hit return on the iBoot disk icon with my retail DVD in. Any advice on how fix or avoid this panic would be awesome!

ORIGINAL POST:

I'm trying to hackintosh my HP ENVY 17 for the first time, and would eventually like to dual-boot it with my current Windows10. I'm very new to this, so appologies for silly questions or obvious mistakes.

  • I own a legitimate retail copy of OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3, and have downloaded iBoot Haswell a well as legacy. I burned iBoot to CDs using both the built-in Windows disk writer and ImgBurn. If it makes a difference, the only file appearing to make it to the disk is the text file.

  • My BIOS is set to boot internal CD first, then external. I put OS last option.

  • AHCI is not a BIOS option, but Device Manager indicates it's default. Most other bios options detailed in the blogs are not available, either.

AFAIK, I'm doing everything right as much as is available to me. HOWEVER every time I reboot my computer with any of the (now several) iBoot disks in, the drive revs up as if it were reading the disk and proceeds to move on straight to starting up Windows like normal. If I put my Windows10 bootable USB in, it does load that, it just wont load anything on the iBoot CD.

While I do believe from my research that my computer is compatible with OS X, it doesn't make any difference if I can't even load the boot disk to get to the installer.

Am I doing something wrong, or am I out of luck if it won't run the utility?

Thanks for your help

.

PS, My specs, should you like seeing them.

  • Machine: HP ENVY 17 Leap Motion SE NB PC

    • Product number: F1J39AV
  • BIOS: Insyde F.63, 6/10/2014

  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4702MQ CPU @ 2.20GHz

  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

    • built in Intel HD Graphics 4600
  • BaseBoard Manufacturer: HP

submitted by /u/mtthwrcks
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment