So I wanted to try the whole Hackintosh system, and tl;dr I've almost succeeded in a full install of the latest El Capitan version (as of 2-17-16). The only thing I'm worried about is my other drives I use in Windows. I've installed OSX to a spare drive I had, and noticed in Disk Utility I could not mount any of my other drives, specifically my RAID array.

There are 4 total drives. 2 are in RAID0 with onboard raid (or fakeraid). Because the Hackintosh requires AHCI mode to boot, I lose my drives there. I remember my MSI BIOS had the option to activate AHCI and RAID at the same time, but a recent BIOS update removed that feature. All 4 drives are in NTFS, which I know I can't write to in the first place, but I can't read them either.

List of core specs for specification:

  • MSI Gaming 5

  • Intel i5-4690k

  • MSI GTX 970 4G

  • 16GB 1600MHz RAM

Is it possible to mount any of these drives? I can understand the RAID not working but I don't know why I can't get on my other drives.

submitted by /u/Sonikiliky01
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment