Hey guys,

For some reason, I am unable to successfully overclock my Skylake Hackintosh. Its not the overclock which is the problem here, since I can successfully boot into Windows 10 after OCing. I have also tested the stability of my PC by stressing it using various softwares.

However, OS X El Cap gets stuck at the 'VM Subsystem is On' step while booting. Screenshot below.

It does not matter how much I try to overclock my CPU by, even if I change the BCLK frequency to 107 for a 200MHz OC, the system stops booting at the same point. On Windows, I have managed to successfully OC my 6500 to as high as 3.8GHz. I am guessing this has something to do with the CPU P/C states, because when I do a normal boot, the CPU P/C states show many different states compared to what is shown in the screenshot.

I have tried changing my SSDT.aml, disabling C/P states in BIOS etc, but to no avail. What could I be doing wrong here? Any idea?

PC config:

Core i5 - 6500 @ 3.2GHz Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5 8GB Corsair LPX DDR4 RAM Sapphire R9 270X

Screenshot: http://ift.tt/1QE3FRg

submitted by /u/RP_Android
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment