Hello! Audio drivers should be fairly manageable during post-installation if you have a compatible motherboard. The hard bit is actually configuring it.

Most motherboards (if not all) provides audio tweaking tools (such as control panels) for their respective audio drivers. Mine, for example, an ASUS H81M-A/BR has a pretty nice audio control panel for its Realtek HD Audio Drivers. Only for Windows, sadly.

I'm using a cheap, generic headphone connected to my back panel, and its volume is actually lower than it's supposed to be. That's probably because it's being recognised as speakers, rather than headphones. When I first installed the audio drivers for my motherboard on Windows, it was set to back panel speakers. So I just had to set it to headphones and voilá, the volume went up.

How can I manage that on OS X? Is there any free (as in gratis) audio suite that can manage that? I'm using the Realtek ALC887/888b audio drivers, from the latest MultiBeast version for El Capitan. The sound output is set as Internal Speakers, the type is built-in.

submitted by /u/jewmi
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment