Hi, I just finished building my first Mackintosh and after a successful installation of El Capitan (following this guide) Ive run into some problems, which I couldn't fix even after looking through the forums at tonymacx86. So I decided to ask you guys first.

First of all my specs: http://ift.tt/29lnvRh



Motherboard is an ASRock Z97M OC Formula, el Capitan is running on a 1TB SSD. So first of all I couldn't boot from the SSD. I had to go through the USB Device and choose the El Capitan partition to boot from. I thought maybe there was something wrong with MultiBeast so I went for the alternative method mentioned in the guide - same problem. So I began checking the other stuff and I noticed, that my Mackintosh still identifies itself as an iMac - even though I configured it as a MacPro 3,1. Then I noticed, that the sound was not working at all. So I was wondering, if the whole process after the installation did nothing? Only the nVidia drivers were successfully installed after I downloaded them. Can anybody tell me what could be going on here?


submitted by /u/upvotereff
[link] [comments]
Siguientes
This is the most recent post.
Volver
Older Post

Post a Comment