Hey guys, first time posting here. I am trying to install El Capitan on an old laptop that was left collecting dust. It is the Acer Aspire 4755G. Spec wise, it seems to be compatible in my opinion.
*CPU: Intel Core i3 (2nd Gen) 2330M / 2.2 GHz *GPU: HD3000 (mine doesn't have the NVIDIA GPU) *RAM: 2GB( I have another 1GB stick lying around so I will add that if I need)
I followed the tonymacx86 guide, found here:http://ift.tt/23CnxFh

I selected UEFI as this laptop supports UEFI.

Prior to installing this, I found a post of a person that successfully installed OS X Lion. (Mind you it was the latest when the post was made.) His model is 4750G while mine is 4755G. These two are almost identical except for the NVIDIA GPU but he never got it working either way.




 
submitted by /u/DrC0ns0le
[link] [comments]

Post a Comment