This is my first time posting to this sub so please be gentle. Also, I know this sub is for OS X on non-Apple hardware, but since I've heavily modded mine, I hope it qualifies me for for a robe and chant-heavy initiation, or at least some advice.


I run a Mac Mini 1,1 (originally a C2D 1.66, 1G RAM, 40G hdd from 2006) as a media and file server. I recently put a C2D2 2.00, 3G RAM, and 40G SSD into it. I also flashed the EFI to read as a Mini 2,1 so it would recognize the additional RAM and allow me to install Lion. This is a fairly well-documented hack. The endgame is being able to run console emulation as well as serve media to my aTV, but thats another adventure.


A part of this hacking process pertinent to my issue is that since a file in CoreServcies/ needs to be appended to before the system will boot (need to add the Mini 1,1 board ID to a .plist) you have to trick the installer one way or another. My solution is to boot the Mini in Target Disk Mode (TDM) and mount it via FW400 on my stock iMac. Then I run the 10.7 installer on the iMac but target the Mini's drive for the install. When finished it's finished, I mount the Mini in TDM again and make the file alteration before trying to start the Mini for the first time standalone. I think this 'remote' installing of OS X is the source of the problem...


The system starts fine standalone, although it is a bit unstable.


The real problems start when I try to do anything involving a system app, most significantly Installer.app. This includes installing software, using the App Store, or running Software Update. Installer.app always makes it past the authentication, past expanding/ validating the packages, and fails abruptly when it comes time to write anything. The Console reports that Installer.app is sandboxed and does not have permission to install things :/ Full output:



14-03-25 4:18:59.771 PM authorizationhost: SFBuiltinEntitled: >Installer.app >is not entitled for system.install.apple-software


14-03-25 4:18:59.813 PM authorizationhost: SFBuiltinEntitled: >Installer.app >is not entitled for system.install.app-store-software


14-03-25 4:18:59.853 PM authorizationhost: SFBuiltinEntitled: >Installer.app >is not entitled for system.install.app-store-software


14-03-25 4:18:59.856 PM com.apple.SecurityServer: Failed to >authorize right >'system.install.app-store-software' by client >>'/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PackageKit.framework/Versions>/A/Resources/>installd' [301] for authorization created by >>'/System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app' [290]



As you can see, apps in CoreServices/ are being blocked by authorizationhost because of an entitlements problem.


Dear OS X wizards of /r/hackintosh, please help me grant my OS X install the ability to install updates and other software.


FYI, I've tried all manner of permission setting and chown-ing in single-user mode to no avail. I'll happily provide output of diagnostics requested, and I'm better-than-a-peasant comfortable with the terminal.



submitted by evansharp

[link] [1 comment]

What is missing? Please comment to help! ...[source] For more info try www.iatkos.net

Post a Comment